5/11/11

Hello Blogosphere

Hell-lo internet! I am Dani, an early 20s mom to a beautiful 2 year old boy. I currently stay home with him, (and love it) but I am hoping to make the transition to part time work very very soon. My dear fiance is a Private in the Canadian forces. I have a passion for "thrifting".

So, I have decided to start up a little something here. I want to chronicle all the amazing finds that find there ways into my hot little hands. There are a million and one reasons to shop second hand, but my favourites are that it can be cheap, sometimes even free. Way cheaper than buying brand new if you find something brand name/high quality/amazing for a great price. Second it's good for the environment. If you are acquiring something second hand then you are not only preventing something from ending up in our gigantic piles of space-eating garbage we call landfills, but you are also getting something for yourself without any extra manufacturing going into it. Third, you can find one-of-a-kind/unusual/quirky things that'd you'd never find in a box store!

I've recently moved to a city, so now my thrift store opportunities are like 100 fold what they were in my hometown. I've already discovered a thrift store that I have deemed the most amazing place in the entire universe! And, now it's spring, so yard sale season is underway, hopefully I'll soon be able to get out and start scouring those, which, I'm sure, will also be far more plentiful and amazing in the city.

I'll post any repainting/otherwise bettering I do to my finds. Hopefully. Not so much hopefully that I'll post, but hopefully I'll actually do these things. I've never done anything like that before, but I've watched my mom do it a hundred times, so we shall see! I already have great plans for a number of pieces we had given to us when we moved in together, but I haven't done any of them yet.


And if I have any outstanding (or even just so-so) tips on living thrifty I'll be sure to pass those along. I don't know how many of those will pop up. Time will tell!

I suppose that's it really.

Let the blogging commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment